Abortion in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the 2019 statistics by trimester for reference:
The majority of abortions in 2019 took place early in gestation: 92.7% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (6.2%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (<1.0%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
You said in the first post you wanted the US Government out of this. The US Government is now out.

Careful what you wish for.
Well that's a bunch of BS. Now the States of Gilead are up in every woman's uterus.

I just gotta know one last thing before I call it a goddamn day. . .

If I am not ****ing you, married to you, AFAIK neither of y'all are my docs, why do you care what I do to and with my reproductive system? Why does anyone care, especially men that I am not ****ing?

Y'all have y'all's views. I have mine. You don't feel wrong and I know I am defnintely not wrong. We're not going to agree on anything so....

giphy.gif

I just gotta know one last thing before I call it a goddamn day. . .

If I am not ****ing you, married to you, AFAIK neither of y'all are my docs, why do you care what I do to and with my reproductive system? Why does anyone care, especially men that I am not ****ing?

Y'all have y'all's views. I have mine. You don't feel wrong and I know I am defnintely not wrong. We're not going to agree on anything so....
It's neat how you spout off with a rant and list of reasons you say are wrong, with one of them being it affects men too, then don't want to discuss the issue any further because... we're men.
If you don't want your thoughts questioned and don't want to discuss things YOU brought up, that's your prerogative. Just admit you don't want to participate in the discussion of an issue or points you brought up, you simply want to grandstand.
Which, unfortunately, has become the standard for most discussion about this very heated issue. That and dismissing people's opinions as invalid because of identity.

Reactions: Glurin
It's neat how you spout off with a rant and list of reasons you say are wrong, with one of them being it affects men too, then don't want to discuss the issue any further because... we're men.
Your patriarchy is showing.

This is the only way to solve this issue.

Do you have a uterus? Yes. You get a say.
Do you have a penis? Yes. Sit down and STFU.

Your patriarchy is showing.

This is the only way to solve this issue.

Do you have a uterus? Yes. You get a say.
Do you have a penis? Yes. Sit down and STFU.
Thanks for helping prove my point about dismissing people based on identity.

If you don't want your thoughts questioned and don't want to discuss things YOU brought up, that's your prerogative. Just admit you don't want to participate in the discussion of an issue or points you brought up, you simply want to grandstand.
Which, unfortunately, has become the standard for most discussion about this very heated issue. That and dismissing people's opinions as invalid because of identity.

Never mentioned anything about you being a dude. I literally said "Y'all have your views and I have mine." I would say the same thing exact thing to a pro-life woman.

I don't want to discuss this because this has been messing with my head more than it should be. Truthfully, I'm not that great at debating, talking, etc. I can only keep going for so long before I get worn down. This is a very tiring subject and, yeah, frankly, I'm tired of defending why I/we should have this right. It's goddamn exhausting! And for right now, I'm done. I'm starting to feel like I'm having to defend myself, my life and my choices to strangers I don't know. I'm getting way too ***ing heated and emotional over this and I got so much other bullshit going on in my life that I'm done. I can easily cut this out.

I will say that I'm sorry you feel like I don't want to talk because you're a man. That's not it at all.

Don't give that 5 head child traffucker airtime. The only way he can get off now is if the 15
year old he took across state lines has him ball gagged, bent over and is shoving both thumbs up his arse. He then goes home and begs Nestor's forgiveness for cheating on him again. Why isn't this asshole in prison right now?

Decided that I don't need to watch the next season of The Handmaid's Tale. I'll just watch the news instead.

• Haha
1660160119724.jpegOr just as dystopian

Just put yourself in the shoes of a "less than ethical" CEO. Would you rather pay for 12 weeks of maternity leave and hire an additional employee to cover for her, or buy a plane ticket so she can get an abortion and get back to work?

Just something to file away in the back of your mind.

I'm curious which consequences educated people will draw from the abortion laws of the US state they are living in. Maybe they move to a state in which things are more to their liking. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my guess is that states with more abortion rights will benefit from that.

Most people don't even know what the law in their own state actually is. Especially Oklahoma, where literally nobody actually knows what the law is. They may know it's banned in the late term or banned sometime early in the pregnancy or not banned at all, but they may not know exactly which exceptions exist or at exactly what week the ban goes into effect or that the law allows abortions after the baby is born and laying on a table trying to breath while the doctor discusses performing an abortion with the mother.

The White House Press Secretary accused the Supreme Court of taking an "unconstitutional action" by overturning Roe v. Wade.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Ministry of Truth continues running ahead full steam. They're no longer bothering with the illusion they're being honest, knowing the mainstream media will run cover for them.
I'm curious which consequences educated people will draw from the abortion laws of the US state they are living in. Maybe they move to a state in which things are more to their liking. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my guess is that states with more abortion rights will benefit from that.
No one is going to move over this issue. This is one of the many issues people bluster about very loudly while never doing anything that amounts to anything real.
However, if they did I'd be curious as to whether or not there would be an actual benefit of people moving to a state solely because of access to abortion. If something like this is THE deciding factor for where you choose to live and work, my opinion is such that your priorities are not well aligned.

You may go to a different state for an abortion. Or can your home state prosecute you then once you came back?

You may go to a different state for an abortion. Or can your home state prosecute you then once you came back?
Feds were trying to pass a law restricting states from prosecuting women leaving their home state for health care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High