Anyone else interested in hardware developments?

Yeah, not a bad idea. I'll have to work out how to separate my gutter from my neightbours as its a duplex and their leaves always flow onto my side when it rains. Probably just put some kind of grill/filter in place or something. Looking forward to having this behind me. Also have got a rusty gully (where the roof meets at 90 degrees). Might have to pull up some of the roof to replace it too. Do they make aluminum gullys?
Replace the valley, gutters and downspouts with copper and you'll never have to touch them again.

I would use zinc. Copper is expensive enough to attract thieves, it's often stolen on building sites. Zinc is somehow in the middle between iron and copper, it's the common material for gutters here. It lasts long and isn't really worth stealing. Scrap dealer prices are about 1.50 per kilogram of zinc and 5€ for copper.

Zod, if you're on good terms with your neighbor, why not see if they'll go in on a "gutter helmet" with you?

Hilarious that copper is still something thieves target - but I know hearing of some buildings where the wiring was stripped out... We're looking at different alloys for U.S. pennies, since we can't stop producing them completely.

Copper is 5€ a kilogram ( a fistful of copper), that counts for something, you spoiled brat!

Copper is a nice material, I'd be more inclined to use it in less visible area's. This unfortunately is right on the street but thanks. Stratco.com.au appear to have valley gutters in zinc/al so I'll go with al once I find a trades person who deals with it.

Gutter helmets look good but there are a lot of different solutions. If I can get some free quotes from some roofers then I'll talk to the neighbor. One of them is a carpenter so maybe he'll know something I didn't take into account on the whole thing. I'm a big fan of aluminum as rust here is a big problem and it only appears to push the price up about 15% or so plus its light which is also good. Newcastle earth isn't terribly good with heavy structures particularly in the low lying swampier area's where I am. If you dig 3 foot hole here you hit wet grey sand and above that is all coal ash and calcium carbonate.

The configuration for a new PC I am looking at, not including GPU as there isn't much of a supply available to meet demand at this point. I may change a few things before go ahead and buy, which will be after the new year most likely.

That's still cheaper than my old 486-50hz pc with a 40 meg HD.

I still have my ridiculously beefed up Amiga 4000 in a sideroom, from the mid 90s, it cost more than my car back then. I haven't turned it on for 15 years, however. A couple of the bigger capacitators have probaly leaked acid on the packplane and destroyed it. Anyway, as long as I don't throw it away, it doesn't count as trash.

Besides, my computer speakers are even older than that. They are from 1987 and I'm still using them. They work perfectly, I just had to replace the audio cable once. Stuff from the times when quality and durability were a part of the business model.

6800 does look nice. Sounds like all these new cards will have teething problems. AMD still need to improve their software support though, that's the only reason why I don't use them unfortunately.

edit: not that it matters since they are almost impossible to get hold of. It's also kinda funny that the rtx 3090 is more than the total cost of most people's entire computers. Check out the Asus one for a tiny $3399au. Someone tell me this is not an over reaction to Intel upsetting the duopoly between AMD and nVidia.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High