Forum Mafia Game: Matrix 6 #1 (Game Over - Mafia Win)

Just read the dead QT. They thought frank and D2 were scum too.

And you guys play Warships?
Ulipse is my name on there.

Too bad there weren't more players alive today. I bet I could have drawn 7 or 8 votes.. :cautious:
Well you can vote for Noodle a dozen times.

Couple of concerns:

Quick topics is shutting down. This is going to cause us some problems with private chats going forward if we keep playing. We don't have a dedicated forum for private topics either or a way that I know of to have a completely private and on top of that have specific threads viewable to specific players like MS.net does, so we need to find an alternative to quick topics going forward.

Next, we need more people hosting if we want to keep playing. I realize people have lives, kids, work, etc, but aside for D2DC's neighbor games ...I'm the only one that hosts. The rest of the activity mafiawise is.....*crickets*

I dont mind hosting but it be nice to play too.

If someone can host a game soon, I can do a Die Hard themed game for the Christmas season, possibly starting a week or so before Christmas and then taking a break for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Thoughts or/and comments on it all?

Reactions: Leopold Stotch

Couple of concerns:

Quick topics is shutting down. This is going to cause us some problems with private chats going forward if we keep playing. We don't have a dedicated forum for private topics either or a way that I know of to have a completely private and on top of that have specific threads viewable to specific players like MS.net does, so we need to find an alternative to quick topics going forward.

Next, we need more people hosting if we want to keep playing. I realize people have lives, kids, work, etc, but aside for D2DC's neighbor games ...I'm the only one that hosts. The rest of the activity mafiawise is.....*crickets*

If someone can host a game soon, I can do a Die Hard themed game for the Christmas season, possibly starting a week or so before Christmas and then taking a break for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I very much want to host, but work is so busy now. I'm *supposed* to be organizing a meeting of ~2000 people in a few months, and I've barely started. :oops:

I think I'll have more time after the new year.

Babyhell did quite well for his first game, even not having logo around for most of it. His mistake, I think was not going after d2l N1.
Quoting myself in Mafia thread about night kill 1:
Babyhell said:
The logic would be either, for me either to kill the JK, or @D2DC. So it must be someone else...

Being hidden as Mafia is part of the game...So it made much sense to me to kill someone who wasn't a target in any way from my point of view - hence @snickersnack, maybe the less readable at that time beside @logoutzero / @coju - and day 2 was quite a fun one.

Right it didn't confirm JK role, but why claiming so early? As a townie, avoid a lynch. It worked. As a Mafia? Big risk if there's a non-compatible role. Edit /modkill: at evidence Mafia knew he wasn't Mafia, but from a townie point of view the question is opened at that point.

So well, it made much sense to me not to target @d2lover that first night.

On night 2, killing him was a move to confirm the role yes, but also to avoid a missed shot in the BP, and get the balance back: with @d2lover probable townie in most of others mind if they bought the JK status, and @Leopold Stotch obvious townie, that would have made 2 strong townies and made the Mafia somehow easier to find.

The rest is history, @thefranklin suspicions made our day easier.

Thanks @Gorny for hosting, very fun first participation! However the timezone handling is a real pain :-/

Last edited:
Congrats to Mafia! I had no clue about Babyhell, I did have my suspicions about coju, but that was after my (too early) departure.

I had suspicions towards franklin for more of the game, that, as we know, turned out to be wrong lmao

Couple of concerns:

Would there be a way to set it up scum chat in discord? I don't know if someone would be able to snoop on a username and see joined servers or whatever.

I could host so you could play one. I would probably screw it up as bad as playing the game, but that is all in the fun, right?

Quoting myself in Mafia thread about night kill 1:

Being hidden as Mafia is part of the game...So it made much sense to me to kill someone who wasn't a target in any way from my point of view - hence @snickersnack, maybe the less readable at that time beside @logoutzero / @coju - and day 2 was quite a fun one.

Right it didn't confirm JK role, but why claiming so early? As a townie, avoid a lynch. It worked. As a Mafia? Big risk if there's a non-compatible role. Edit /modkill: at evidence Mafia knew he wasn't Mafia, but from a townie point of view the question is opened at that point.

So well, it made much sense to me not to target @d2lover that first night.

On night 2, killing him was a move to confirm the role yes, but also to avoid a missed shot in the BP, and get the balance back: with @d2lover probable townie in most of others mind if they bought the JK status, and @Leopold Stotch obvious townie, that would have made 2 strong townies and made the Mafia somehow easier to find.

The rest is history, @thefranklin suspicions made our day easier.

Thanks @Gorny for hosting, very fun first participation! However the timezone handling is a real pain :-/

Yeah, I understand the timezone issue for European area players. The problem for me as far as hosting goes, it that i am limited in what I can do while I'm at work. While I can give updates, vote counts and respond to things for the most part, I generally will be unable to do complicated stuff like resolve the night actions, and then give the updates needed fr a day to end or start, so that has to wait until I get home. I can try to make it an hour earlier, but that's pretty much it.

The reason I pointed out that you should have killed 2dlover N1 is because from a scum point of view, it's best to off anyone that can hinder your night actions ASAP. If I was in your shoes, I would have killed d2lover N1 just because he said he was jailkeeper. He could have been gambiting (which some experienced players do as VT) and saying he was a PR just to draw the NK and try to keep the real power roles alive longer. But regardless @Babyhell I think you did quite well for your first game.

@Gorny will it be the second film?

I was thinking the first movie, but i could try to make it include the second. I want to create a themed game that is more mafia standard and not over crazy powered. Still thinking here.

See this: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/t...t-nakatomi-tower-christmas-mafia-signup.1109/

Would there be a way to set it up scum chat in discord? I don't know if someone would be able to snoop on a username and see joined servers or whatever.

I could host so you could play one. I would probably screw it up as bad as playing the game, but that is all in the fun, right?

I've never used Discord, so I can't answer that. Maybe @Noodle or @Dredd or @Rush could chime in here?

The issue in question is being able to have individual users have access to (and even being able to see or not see) specific threads while other's can't and then having that ability being able to be turned on or off as needed. Either in one forum on a thread by thread basis or more than one. Im not sure. It couldn't be something like the old Pal Forum because non site supporters play. The catch with allowing and disallowing people to view specific threads is as follows: If we had a private forum, that would contain various dead threads as well as private chats for scum teams, as well as neighbors and stuff like that.

We cant allow live players to read the dead thread for a game that is currently active, and we can't allow non scum players to view a private scum chat during an active game as it would ruin the whole thing. Same goes for things like neighbor chat (your headache @D2DC !) and mason chats and things like is. I think MS.net had a feature where (within the private forum) the GM of a game could create a private chat thread and then set it so that it was viewable to either all members or specific members. No idea of the software for these forums has that type of function.

While we are on functions, let's go back to the bolding and underlining thing, I could see the bolding this game. It looks like the software and or forum skin were updated. S may go back to bolding. Asking the admins: Is there a feature that can be added to posting that highlighted box with text within? MS.net had a feature for both voting and unvoting. If you typed for example [v or Vote ] Name [/v or /vote ] You would get a highlighted box that said Vote: (name), making it easy to see. There was also a similar function for unvoting, it was [UV] name [/UV ] or [Unvote] (name) [/Unvote ]

All that aside I was thinking of keeping things to a PM chain but that may not worl, so we would need an alternative to Quick Topics one way or the other.

@thefranklin As far as hosting, there are some really helpful guides linked here:

I use those for reference points so that I...um, screw myself up less.

Im open to hearing what the rest of you think.

@Leopold Stotch

That will never die.

Reactions: Babyhell
I've never used Discord, so I can't answer that. Maybe Noodle or Dredd or Rush could chime in here?

Discord is awesome for everything except video conferencing. Download it and try it out when you have some free time.

My friends and I have our own little private server with a variety of different text and voice channels. You could make whatever channels you need private and then give your members roles that would allow (or block) them from viewing/posting in each of them. Those roles could be changed on the fly as needed.

Your main obstacle is that all your players will have to agree to use the app AND be able to access it (on phone, pc, etc) when you need them to. Might be an issue for those trying to play during work hours.

Reactions: coju
That might work, it would just depend on @all playing.

Also, it would be up to the individual host of each game. I'm not sure about how the rest would want to handle it.

Well, I had a blast and I'm down for another game as soon as posible. My only concern is the timezones, but it is what it is.
We EU people just need put in our votes early, but it is of course challenge when descisions and alliances changes at the last minute before night time.

Well, I had a blast and I'm down for another game as soon as posible. My only concern is the timezones, but it is what it is.
We EU people just need put in our votes early, but it is of course challenge when descisions and alliances changes at the last minute before night time.
Glad to hear.

I won't run another until maybe Mid December, might put up a sign up after Thanksgiving.

I'll play someone else's game though.

It won the game for my team! @Babyhell voted early and kept the votes on @D2DC !

I think you all were in a more difficult place with there being no cop or doc, and the BP not knowing that they were BP. But still a pretty entertaining game to watch.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High