The John Constantine Halloween Mafia Game (Game Over, Town Win Day 6)

Crap! I forgot about the Eye of Horus thing.

Google-fu says this is an ancient Egyptian thing, a symbol of protection. When I added "DC Legends" to my query, it added an element of energy beam-shooting god to the results. Anyone more familiar with the source care to share what this may be all about?

@logoutzero hmmm. Welp I guess I totally invented that. I guess I just figured 3 was what it would have to be with 8 total, but have no real idea. For what it's worth, am a townie, but I realize I'm not making myself look the best 😅.

So we only have 12 hour to end of day 1 and only one vote is in? Do you guys usually not go for a first day kill or what?

Haha also, just an aside, but I'm reallllly going to have to watch for rule #3. I am notoriously bad for making a post and immediately editing it like 3 times to fix spelling.

Yea, @Luhkoh I re-read the intro just to be sure. Unless I missed something, I didnt see any reference to 3 Mafia.. I mean, its probably a safe bet to assume there are 2 or 3 based on the number of players in the game. But, was that just an assumption on your part or an accidental slip of "known" info?

I almost forgot about this.. But, whats the deal with the 9th, hooded person? I am guessing that was Gorny just floating around to mess with us?

Was not a slip of unknown info. I guess just an assumption I made from no reason other than having played too much secret hitler with friends lately, where the proportion is always 3/8. My brain went like:

Noodle is the obvious suspect, but seems TOO obvious. But maybe "too obvious" isn't unreasonable though if there are good proportion of mafia. I would guess 3 are mafia, so we have to figure out who it is before some townies get killed off too fast, so maybe we need obvious clues to have a chance at winning and it would be dumb to ignore it.

And then when I stated my rationale, I said "since there are 3/8", which made no sense, but you can see how I made that mental leap anyways.

Understood on the poll position and NK. I will learn the lingo fast ^^.

Wouldn't mind some more discussion before voting, but since I don't see myself having much time to be on here today, and since I think not killing is a bad strategy for the town, I guess I'll throw in my support for the obvious clue.

Vote: Noodle

Guys I am quite busy farming PD2, but I´ll definitly check back before the end of the vote! I have to say the write up is awesome, but stratching my English knowledge.

Last game with Gorny I played I was all paranoid the game must have so many mechanics, when in fact it was just me being paranoid! So mb @Luhkoh is correct with voting for the obvious. That being said, last game was a "normal" game and this one is supposed not to be normal!

“Three and Eight you number, among you be a Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man, one who has a hard time dying while driving a cab, one who sees, one who does not believe, One who runs a bar, One Who conspires, One who cheats, and one who cannot be trusted."

Guess that´s the puzzle we´ve got to solve!?! That´s why Luhkoh was talking bout 3 mafia?

Hmm, someone trying to off me already... thanks for the save, nameless entity.

So I'm like 90% that @Luhkoh just Freudian slipped all over D1... the over-complicated explanation, when it really was kind of quasi-hinted in the day opening story (which was awesome, btw) is really pinging to me.

I want, almost, to let it go as newbie mistake, bit I remember what happened last time I did that...

Vote: Luhkoh

“Three and Eight you number, among you be a Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man, one who has a hard time dying while driving a cab, one who sees, one who does not believe, One who runs a bar, One Who conspires, One who cheats, and one who cannot be trusted."

Guess that´s the puzzle we´ve got to solve!?! That´s why Luhkoh was talking bout 3 mafia?
I thought I saw something about 3 and 8, but somehow missed it when I went back through.. :unsure:

And, although I may get railed for speccing, I think these are pretty intentional clues about the players we have in the game. So, we can hopefully draw some useful conclusions as the game goes on. Any other ideas?
Code:
Master of the Dark Arts - Uhh.. sounds like a baddie.. There are only 8 "descriptions", so this is not referencing the hooded 9th person.
World's Greatest Con Man - Trump?
One who has a hard time dying while driving a cab - Bulletproof or Prince?  Gorny said no bus driver mechanics so not sure what driving a cab would refer to..
One who sees - some type of watcher/tracker
One who runs a bar - I didn't see anything on Mafia Scum, but isn't a bartender a scum player that has chat with a townie? - So, if you have chat with someone, I'd be a bit suspicious.. 
One who conspires - some type of framer/role blocker?
One who cheats - double voter/vote thief?  Gorny made changes to rule #6 which made me wonder if there was some vote funny business going on.
One who cannot be trusted - maybe some mixed up results, like a paranoid/naive cop?

I thought I saw something about 3 and 8, but somehow missed it when I went back through.. :unsure:

And, although I may get railed for speccing, I think these are pretty intentional clues about the players we have in the game. So, we can hopefully draw some useful conclusions as the game goes on. Any other ideas?
Code:
Master of the Dark Arts - Uhh.. sounds like a baddie.. There are only 8 "descriptions", so this is not referencing the hooded 9th person.
World's Greatest Con Man - Trump?
One who has a hard time dying while driving a cab - Bulletproof or Prince?  Gorny said no bus driver mechanics so not sure what driving a cab would refer to..
One who sees - some type of watcher/tracker
One who runs a bar - I didn't see anything on Mafia Scum, but isn't a bartender a scum player that has chat with a townie? - So, if you have chat with someone, I'd be a bit suspicious..
One who conspires - some type of framer/role blocker?
One who cheats - double voter/vote thief?  Gorny made changes to rule #6 which made me wonder if there was some vote funny business going on.
One who cannot be trusted - maybe some mixed up results, like a paranoid/naive cop?
Most of those are actually pretty relevant to particular characters, which Gorny may or may not have included, if I'm reading them right. Still, almost no help from that as, at least by the comics, allegiances are... slippery... and not as clear-cut as one might assume. Best to leave mechanics out of it until they are at least known to actually affect anything.

Also worth noting D2DC thinks these unknown quantities are of great import.

I knew you would be the one to give me a hard time @zemaj :LOL:

Like I said, its difficult to draw much info yet, but certainly worth keeping in mind as the game goes on. Clearly these are actual clues though. So yeah, if you have neighbor chat, and the mod references a bartender, definitely important!

Sorry guys its been a fun couple days....

Who the hell is throwing lead blankets at me and why? What did I ever do to you?

Ok, well I know its early, but I am getting an underwhelming vibe already..

Miraculously, it didnt condemn town last game, but generally our tendency for no-lynch is NOT a good plan.

For any new players, lynching is generally the main (or only) way to remove mafia players. Each no-lynch is a missed opportunity to take a shot at catching a scum.

Usually, D1 we have almost no info to go on, so we seem even less willing to mount a vote. Even a random shot is better than no shot at all. However, we already have some night info..

Looking at Gorny's story, I gotta put Pyro in my pole Town position. "A lead weighted blanket" was thrown at him. That sounds like a failed NK attempt. Zemaj's "Eye of Horus" and heap of funk are not quite as revealing, but still worth taking note of.

I am of course willing to listen to other options. But, after seeing enough games with him, I am firmly on the Noodle lynch train. As Mafia, he is difficult for us to read, because he just posts fluff. And, as town he is generally not helpful, and appears to sometimes deliberately sabotaging town's cause, or at the very least, intentionally making our job more difficult.
Usually D1 we have nothing to go on, but we started on a Night 1, which gave the opportunity for mafia to perform a night kill, and it appears they have failed at this. I think the write up and story all provide hints to setup (roles) and things that have happened over the course of the night. Thanks for putting me in a town position, but I distinctly recall last time you went all conspiracy theory saying "whatever you want pyro" and you were total super scum. Not saying that's the case here, but you know, have to point that out.

I forgot to mention it also, but as others have said, great write up!

@Luhkoh I just meant it as a racing reference, meaning he is my "first place" townie right now.

I wonder if everyone would be willing to try an "appointment" vote? We decide on someone that is "most town", and they simply choose the vote target for us, and everyone follows along?

If that sounds too conspiratorial, like I have a secret pact with Pyro or something, we could add several layers of selection to the decision, thus making it impossible to keep control of the decision in scum hands. Like this:

Player A chooses Player B
Player B chooses Player C
Player C chooses Player D
Player D chooses Player E

Player E chooses lynch target.

We can add as many/random number of layers to make sure the "appointment" cannot stay in Mafia hands.

This sounds fine in theory but gets held up by people like me who apparently can't be bothered to show up in time....

You're in DC's camp. Noted.

As to the number of mafia, I don't see this anywhere in the game thread. Care to explain how you divined this information, or is it known to you?

@D2DC your appointment suggestion is, strange. Also, namedropping Pyro so early?

Can I be Robin, pwease? Y.Y

The only thing I can trace back to is this line in Gorny's story post:

“Three and Eight you number, among you be a Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man, one who has a hard time dying while driving a cab, one who sees, one who does not believe, One who runs a bar, One Who conspires, One who cheats, and one who cannot be trusted.

This would initially lead me to believe that we are looking at a 3 out of 8 setup, but that being said Luhkoh's follow up posts don't make me all warm and fuzzy.

Crap! I forgot about the Eye of Horus thing.

Google-fu says this is an ancient Egyptian thing, a symbol of protection. When I added "DC Legends" to my query, it added an element of energy beam-shooting god to the results. Anyone more familiar with the source care to share what this may be all about?

So it sounds like someone put a protection over Zemaj's room and he was able to avoid the rotten innards, pumpkin seeds and bile. Not sure if that would have killed him, but it definitely would have made him smell awful as hell. I'm not familiar enough with Constantine outside of the one movie, which I think Gorny at one point said this game would not be based on.

@logoutzero hmmm. Welp I guess I totally invented that. I guess I just figured 3 was what it would have to be with 8 total, but have no real idea. For what it's worth, am a townie, but I realize I'm not making myself look the best 😅.

So we only have 12 hour to end of day 1 and only one vote is in? Do you guys usually not go for a first day kill or what?

Haha also, just an aside, but I'm reallllly going to have to watch for rule #3. I am notoriously bad for making a post and immediately editing it like 3 times to fix spelling.

No definitely not making yourself look the best.

Yea, @Luhkoh I re-read the intro just to be sure. Unless I missed something, I didnt see any reference to 3 Mafia.. I mean, its probably a safe bet to assume there are 2 or 3 based on the number of players in the game. But, was that just an assumption on your part or an accidental slip of "known" info?

I almost forgot about this.. But, whats the deal with the 9th, hooded person? I am guessing that was Gorny just floating around to mess with us?

See previous post, only thing I could find that references 3/8.

For the 9th Hooded person...sounds like Gorny...I just hope its not one of those non-standard games where the mod can be lynched.

Was not a slip of unknown info. I guess just an assumption I made from no reason other than having played too much secret hitler with friends lately, where the proportion is always 3/8. My brain went like:

Noodle is the obvious suspect, but seems TOO obvious. But maybe "too obvious" isn't unreasonable though if there are good proportion of mafia. I would guess 3 are mafia, so we have to figure out who it is before some townies get killed off too fast, so maybe we need obvious clues to have a chance at winning and it would be dumb to ignore it.

And then when I stated my rationale, I said "since there are 3/8", which made no sense, but you can see how I made that mental leap anyways.

Understood on the poll position and NK. I will learn the lingo fast ^^.

Wouldn't mind some more discussion before voting, but since I don't see myself having much time to be on here today, and since I think not killing is a bad strategy for the town, I guess I'll throw in my support for the obvious clue.

Vote: Noodle

That's a weird way to jump to an explanation, you would think the easiest connection to made would be the story itself, not a jump between various thoughts and back tracking a connection/knowledge. Never played secret hitler so I have no idea what the standard setup is in that game but a quick google says its 5-10 players? Not sure how it defaults to 3/8?

Also, not sure if Noodle being wrapped up in a rug is some form of jail keeping or not? Its outside of the "night actions" so probably should be considered just for fun.

Trying to give Luhkoh the out my friend? We aren't neighbors this time so I can't trust you completely like last time.

Hmm, someone trying to off me already... thanks for the save, nameless entity.

So I'm like 90% that @Luhkoh just Freudian slipped all over D1... the over-complicated explanation, when it really was kind of quasi-hinted in the day opening story (which was awesome, btw) is really pinging to me.

I want, almost, to let it go as newbie mistake, bit I remember what happened last time I did that...

Vote: Luhkoh

I'm kind of with you here. I don't like going after the new guy, but the whole thing seems off.

I hate to say I told you so.
I LOVE to say I told you so. It reiterates the fact that I was right, and and makes the other person feel even worse for not having heeded my words!

@Pyrotechnician I do not recall ever saying anything remotely like that! :LOL:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High