The John Constantine Halloween Mafia Game (Game Over, Town Win Day 6)

I thought I saw something about 3 and 8, but somehow missed it when I went back through.. :unsure:

And, although I may get railed for speccing, I think these are pretty intentional clues about the players we have in the game. So, we can hopefully draw some useful conclusions as the game goes on. Any other ideas?
Code:
Master of the Dark Arts - Uhh.. sounds like a baddie.. There are only 8 "descriptions", so this is not referencing the hooded 9th person.
World's Greatest Con Man - Trump?
One who has a hard time dying while driving a cab - Bulletproof or Prince?  Gorny said no bus driver mechanics so not sure what driving a cab would refer to..
One who sees - some type of watcher/tracker
One who runs a bar - I didn't see anything on Mafia Scum, but isn't a bartender a scum player that has chat with a townie? - So, if you have chat with someone, I'd be a bit suspicious..
One who conspires - some type of framer/role blocker?
One who cheats - double voter/vote thief?  Gorny made changes to rule #6 which made me wonder if there was some vote funny business going on.
One who cannot be trusted - maybe some mixed up results, like a paranoid/naive cop?

Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man - I think these two are one and the same, its the only one that has an "and" and from googling both seem to both refer to the same person, i.e. John
One who has a hard time dying while driving a cab - Sounds like a commuter type role, commuter is someone that can't die when they are "out of town"
One who sees - Sounds like watcher or tracker, might be our friend that put the symbol above Zemaj's door?
One who does not believe - Sounds like someone that doesn't believe in magic, or dark arts, or what have you, not sure of the ability here.
One who runs a bar - Sounds like bartender role, bartender role is not necessarily scum, it can be either or, they can normally just invite a different person each night to talk with them but alignment is never usually confirmed

One Who conspires - Sounds like a bad guy
One who cheats - Sounds like a bad guy
One who cannot be trusted - Sounds like a bad guy

Game solved, whoever the scum are could you claim yourselves as the ones who conspire, cheat, and cannot be trusted? Ok, thanks!

Most of those are actually pretty relevant to particular characters, which Gorny may or may not have included, if I'm reading them right. Still, almost no help from that as, at least by the comics, allegiances are... slippery... and not as clear-cut as one might assume. Best to leave mechanics out of it until they are at least known to actually affect anything.

Also worth noting D2DC thinks these unknown quantities are of great import.

Yes, noted, however it does give us hints on possibilities and unless the scum team isn't smart enough they are probably trying to deduce the same information, so may as well try and figure it out ourselves.

Time left in the day: 4 hours, 42 minutes.

I am half on board with a Luhkoh vote, as he is my only "negative" read at the moment. But, again, not really wanting vote out a new player. I know thats not great strategy, but hey, we need more players around here!

@Pyrotechnician I completely overlooked commuter, I think that makes total sense.

Also, now that youve laid down a vote on Tears, youre making me think..I wasnt really involved much that game, but I did check in from time to time. Tears had a much more hecktic tone, with a lot of urgency. Granted he had info to share and wanted to convince everyone in the game. Seems to have a much more subdued tone here. You had the most interaction with him last time. I am curious if you picked up on something he said? or, it is like I say, tone/demeanor related?

Hmmmm.....last time day one I wasn´t all that urgent aswell.....and my sleeping pattern was totally of last time! I just see the point that there was written 3/8 and I recalled it! I than got kinda annoyed by explaining everything 20 times, but ofc it was part of logo playin it well! And ofc I´m kinda bussy playin PD2 whereas last time I was checking forum every 5 minutes due to tedious barb lvling! Having said that there had been reasons why I felt disabled last time!

One who sees - Sounds like watcher or tracker, might be our friend that put the symbol above Zemaj's door?

- Someone scratched The Eye of Horus on a piece of wood, above where Zemaj slept.
Hmm. Interesting addition Pyro.

As to my choices of lynch target now, I have Noodle, for being noodley, or Luhkoh for some possible slips and back-pedaling.

I'm not sure what Pyro sees regarding Tears, I'll have to study what's happened so far a little more closely.

D2, is there some significance to you voting Noodle multiple times? If this is a play-restriction, you may not be able to answer that question, I understand. If it's just banter, it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

@Pyro, I don't want to know any specifics, but did you learn something or observe something Night 0 about Tears?

I am half on board with a Luhkoh vote, as he is my only "negative" read at the moment. But, again, not really wanting vote out a new player. I know thats not great strategy, but hey, we need more players around here!

@Pyrotechnician I completely overlooked commuter, I think that makes total sense.

Also, now that youve laid down a vote on Tears, youre making me think..I wasnt really involved much that game, but I did check in from time to time. Tears had a much more hecktic tone, with a lot of urgency. Granted he had info to share and wanted to convince everyone in the game. Seems to have a much more subdued tone here. You had the most interaction with him last time. I am curious if you picked up on something he said? or, it is like I say, tone/demeanor related?

Yeah I don't like it much either. I would say for Day 1 he's given us more than enough reason to test the lynch and based on luck of the draw with possible 3/8 players being on the bad side its quite possible he drew scum on his first go around.

Hmm. Interesting addition Pyro.

As to my choices of lynch target now, I have Noodle, for being noodley, or Luhkoh for some possible slips and back-pedaling.

I'm not sure what Pyro sees regarding Tears, I'll have to study what's happened so far a little more closely.

D2, is there some significance to you voting Noodle multiple times? If this is a play-restriction, you may not be able to answer that question, I understand. If it's just banter, it's leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

@Pyro, I don't want to know any specifics, but did you learn something or observe something Night 0 about Tears?

There isn't much to go on with Tears, but the responses from all of the players that have posted so far in regards to Luhkoh's possible slip have been accusatory (i.e. D2DC, logout, zemaj have questioned Luhkoh on his statements), however Tears response was more of "this is where you got the 3 out of 8 from right?"

“Three and Eight you number, among you be a Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man, one who has a hard time dying while driving a cab, one who sees, one who does not believe, One who runs a bar, One Who conspires, One who cheats, and one who cannot be trusted."

Guess that´s the puzzle we´ve got to solve!?! That´s why Luhkoh was talking bout 3 mafia?

Also, sorry, I don't have anything concrete to offer you in regards to "Night 0" activity. Nice job fishing though, noted logout.

I'm going with Luhkoh/Tears/Blank scum team right now. Blank possible being anyone, hard to say with nill from Leo and Noodle. Maybe logout for the last spot, meh, who knows, shot in the dark on that one.

@Gorny can we get a vote count?

@all votes need to be bolded and underlined!

Vote Count 1.0:

Noodle: 2 (D2DC, Luhkoh)
Luhkoh: 1 (Zemaj)
Tears85: 1 (Pyrotechnician)

With 8 Alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch and 6 to lock.

I'm still trying to catch up, sorry I was MIA most of this weekend. Werkin' in COVID times with a packed store.... I'm putting it mildly when I say that I'm freaked out over this and not sure if company gives a **** about its employees. Corporate America, where in a pandemic, you are DEFINTELY replacable as an "essential worker" because you're not really that important and how many brain cells does it take to ring up clothes? I think I might quit. Idk. I digress. . .

In the middle of the night, as everyone tried to sleep pr at least relax, a voice was heard:

“Three and Eight you number, among you be a Master of the Dark Arts and the World’s Greatest Con Man, one who has a hard time dying while driving a cab, one who sees, one who does not believe, One who runs a bar, One Who conspires, One who cheats, and one who cannot be trusted.

The Night went by mostly uneventful.

- A heavy lead weighted blanket was thrown quite forcefully at Pyrotechnician, but missed.
- Someone scratched The Eye of Horus on a piece of wood, above where Zemaj slept.
- Someone, or something intended to cover Zemaj an ass heap of rotten innards, pumpkin seeds and bile. Thankfully Zemas got out of the way at the last minute. The smell was quite horrifying though.

LOVED the write up. Great job, G-man! Question though.... Who is Troi? :geek:🙃 Not as in "I don't know her, can someone explain her to me?" but "Who has dressed up as Troi? Could it be Zemaj? Pyro? Luhkoh?" (jk, jk) (BTW, I would make a terrible Data, gorny)

I read this as there are 3 scummy mcsummies among us with two of them being on talented dark arts master (Snape? OMG ARE WE IN A CROSSOVER???? Lol, jk) and one being a Godfather type role. What else would be a "great con man?" What trips me up is someone who has a hard time dying while driving a cab. Gorny said there wouldn't be any bus drivers. Do we have a cab driver mechanic? hehe! Anyways... He gives 8 descriptions. I'm gonna assmue that the "one who cannot be trusted" would be describing Gorny himself. Everything else is about us, most likely.

Seems Zemaj was a bit of a popular guy last night. Eye of Horus and nasty-ass crap bomb attempt. Seems like he saved himself last minute? Blanket kill is an interesting choice. Don't think we've seen that before.

@Pyrotechnician
@zemaj
@Leopold Stotch

I just realized..

Vote: Noodle

You rang? 🙃 This is also like the third time you have voted for Noodle. Underlined for emphasis? You wanna say something here or are you poking a wet Noodle with a stick?

I thought I saw something about 3 and 8, but somehow missed it when I went back through.. :unsure:

And, although I may get railed for speccing, I think these are pretty intentional clues about the players we have in the game. So, we can hopefully draw some useful conclusions as the game goes on. Any other ideas?
Code:
Master of the Dark Arts - Uhh.. sounds like a baddie.. There are only 8 "descriptions", so this is not referencing the hooded 9th person.
World's Greatest Con Man - Trump?
One who has a hard time dying while driving a cab - Bulletproof or Prince?  Gorny said no bus driver mechanics so not sure what driving a cab would refer to..
One who sees - some type of watcher/tracker
One who runs a bar - I didn't see anything on Mafia Scum, but isn't a bartender a scum player that has chat with a townie? - So, if you have chat with someone, I'd be a bit suspicious..
One who conspires - some type of framer/role blocker?
One who cheats - double voter/vote thief?  Gorny made changes to rule #6 which made me wonder if there was some vote funny business going on.
One who cannot be trusted - maybe some mixed up results, like a paranoid/naive cop?

When I played regularly years ago, a bartender role was something brought in by... I forget but it wasn't scum. They were kinda like a jail keep type role and, IIRC (if I remember correctly), a jailer is one who keeps you in jail and you can chat with the jailer if that option was there. Bartender doesn't offer protection in their bar but you can talk to them in the night.

Trump was a great con man, fo' sho.

I can agree about the one who cannot be trusted and perhaps I got my descriptions about Gorny backwards. Gorny is the greatest Master of the Dark Arts while we have another off-mentally cop. Or maybe a loony doc that kills? Docs are usually trusted.

I'm worried about one who cheats and one who conspires. What if one of those imply a role stealer type role? I, personally, dislike the role stealer game and we haven't seen it in a while. I wouldn't put it past Gorny's creative genius to throw one in, lol. Voting blocker, man.... Wish I could smoke right now! XD

Still trying to catch up.

I am not familiar with the Prince role. Will look it up.

Why are some o' y'all underlining y'all's votes? 🤨
6. (Amended and changed) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role PM. Votes and Unvotes need to be Underlined . If your unvote isn't Underlined, it doesn't count and please try to put it at the bottom of your post. Please be very clear as to who you are voting for, avoid nicknames, etc,. Apparently seeing the bolding in the current version of the forum is hard to determine, I've changed my rule to requite both votes and unvotes to be underlined. Please use full player names.

When I played regularly years ago, a bartender role was something brought in by... I forget but it wasn't scum. They were kinda like a jail keep type role and, IIRC (if I remember correctly), a jailer is one who keeps you in jail and you can chat with the jailer if that option was there. Bartender doesn't offer protection in their bar but you can talk to them in the night.

Trump was a great con man, fo' sho.

I can agree about the one who cannot be trusted and perhaps I got my descriptions about Gorny backwards. Gorny is the greatest Master of the Dark Arts while we have another off-mentally cop. Or maybe a loony doc that kills? Docs are usually trusted.

I'm worried about one who cheats and one who conspires. What if one of those imply a role stealer type role? I, personally, dislike the role stealer game and we haven't seen it in a while. I wouldn't put it past Gorny's creative genius to throw one in, lol. Voting blocker, man.... Wish I could smoke right now! XD

Still trying to catch up.
Master of The Dark Arts....me?🔮🗝️🚪🪑🪞

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Thanks, Loggie. I guess it's time FOR SOMEONE TO READ THE RULES!!!!!! 🙃 🙃 🙃 🙃 🙃 🙃

(me, I'm talking about me reading the rules)

I think I like this:

Vote: Tears85

Tears has literally not-literally posted, like, what? Three times and you wanna off him already? Are we having withdrawls from lack of mafia-game lynches?

Yeah I don't like it much either. I would say for Day 1 he's given us more than enough reason to test the lynch and based on luck of the draw with possible 3/8 players being on the bad side its quite possible he drew scum on his first go around.

There isn't much to go on with Tears, but the responses from all of the players that have posted so far in regards to Luhkoh's possible slip have been accusatory (i.e. D2DC, logout, zemaj have questioned Luhkoh on his statements), however Tears response was more of "this is where you got the 3 out of 8 from right?"

Also, sorry, I don't have anything concrete to offer you in regards to "Night 0" activity. Nice job fishing though, noted logout.

I'm going with Luhkoh/Tears/Blank scum team right now. Blank possible being anyone, hard to say with nill from Leo and Noodle. Maybe logout for the last spot, meh, who knows, shot in the dark on that one.

It's Chris Traeger Literally in the story that 3 out of the 8. What else could that possibly mean? I did not find Luhkoh's or Tears's commenting about that odd.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High