INVADER ZIM and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre! Post Game Thread TOWNIE WIN!!

I also thought that was odd....
8. The game will be called and end early if remaining anti-town factions outnumber the town.
So there are at least 3 factions, and the wording seems to suggest (to me anyway) that there is only one town-aligned faction. It's called "town," btw. That's what humans call their clusters of industry and peon storage, for any non-humans who may be reading.

If we're gonna start this early...

Zim lore. Get ready to peruse that wiki. Obviously town faction would be humans (Earth), since Zim plans to enslave humanity and doom them all. Seems a bit scummy to me. So earthlings = town, Zim (and, presumably, Irken Empire) is mafia. What could potential third (or more) factions be? Tak was anti-Zim, but had the same goals in mind. This is also a Valentine's Day game according to the title, and Tak first appeared in a Valentine's Day episode (that, strangely, aired in May). Is Tak a third party, opposed to both main factions? Gaz was not exactly anti-Zim, but also not really pro-Dib, who I would say is the leader of the town if we're following strictly to the hierarchy of the show. However, she does not covet the downfall of humanity, so she is not the specified "anti-town". I'm straining to remember every side character, but Tak is really the only one I can recall that shared what would be considered in this game anti-town sentiments while also being opposed to Zim. I guess it also depends on if we're counting Zim/Gir as unique from the rest of the Irken Empire, who show only a mild interest in Earth, and treat it mainly with bemusement (Dib's implanted life story doesn't count).

tl;dr: If there is a third faction, I think it's Tak. Tak is an Irken invader that, through hilarious circumstance, has a vendetta against Zim. She wants to conquer Earth before he can, thereby demonstrating her worth as an invader to the Tallest. If anyone was going to try to murder the townies before Zim, it would be her.

Which brings up a ripe opportunity for some ol-fashioned speculation. I don't know how thematic butters makes the mafia games, but if she attaches typical roles to characters that roughly match one can make some decent guesses at which characters and, accordingly, which roles will be present. I don't know how much the rules limit me, so I'll stop here, but it is very interesting to think about, since we've got nothing much to go on right now. I can elaborate further if that's A) legal and B) welcome.

Which brings up a ripe opportunity for some ol-fashioned speculation. I don't know how thematic butters makes the mafia games, but if she attaches typical roles to characters that roughly match one can make some decent guesses at which characters and, accordingly, which roles will be present. I don't know how much the rules limit me, so I'll stop here, but it is very interesting to think about, since we've got nothing much to go on right now. I can elaborate further if that's A) legal and B) welcome.
@Pancakes That's an astute observation. I don't remember Tak very well (may need to look for those episodes...), but there are some characters who fit nicely with a common mafia role. Others...well, hmmm.

I don't think that elaboration would be illegal, so I'll offer some. I'm going to assume that only named, sentient characters are in the game. Zim's "parents" are not in the game, nor is the previously alluded Hunter-Destroyer Machine. If the Hunter-Destroyer Machine is present, please just role-claim and collect your trophy.

If it is present that means I didn't get it and I am rioting. All chairs in the vicinity should be considered projectiles.

@Pancakes That's an astute observation. I don't remember Tak very well (may need to look for those episodes...), but there are some characters who fit nicely with a common mafia role. Others...well, hmmm.

I don't think that elaboration would be illegal, so I'll offer some. I'm going to assume that only named, sentient characters are in the game. Zim's "parents" are not in the game, nor is the previously alluded Hunter-Destroyer Machine. If the Hunter-Destroyer Machine is present, please just role-claim and collect your trophy.
I would also hazard a guess that we're going with recurring characters, or at the least characters that are major parts of those episodes in which they appear. For instance, Chickenfoot is probably out*, but Professor Membrane is almost certainly in. Bloaty the Pizza Hog no, Ms. Bitters yes.

*: If Chickenfoot is in, please follow Hunter-Destroyer to the front to claim your prize.

I would also hazard a guess that we're going with recurring characters, or at the least characters that are major parts of those episodes in which they appear. For instance, Chickenfoot is probably out*, but Professor Membrane is almost certainly in. Bloaty the Pizza Hog no, Ms. Bitters yes.

*: If Chickenfoot is in, please follow Hunter-Destroyer to the front to claim your prize.
Oh, no. I hadn't thought of that! Ms. Bitters might be her own anti-earth faction. :eek:

Ms. Bitters would be true neutral. Unable to vote, but unkillable. She watches and judges.

@pancake did you get all this from memory or wiki? Because that’s a pretty good rundown it sounds.

Working from memory. I might be a bit rusty but Zim was pretty foundational for a young pancake.

Working from memory. I might be a bit rusty but Zim was pretty foundational for a young pancake.
I see that you're very knowledgeable.. So, would you be so kind as to prove us with a detailed list of character names for our possible fake claims? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I see that you're very knowledgeable.. So, would you be so kind as to prove us with a detailed list of character names for our possible fake claims? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Tall ones also seem knowledgeable. As does the boy. Dib

I'll just go on the record as claiming vanilla town. Never too early to role claim, that's my motto.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High