[Game Thread] Narcos Mafia Game reboot - Medellín vs Cali Cartel

Skjolde, with this unique ruleset, do you believe it's more beneficial to be patient and push for a no lynch day 1 to gather information?

Do you think the DEA agent has NK abilities like a regular mafia team? I would think so since we consider him mafia aligned.
According to this link the DEA would have to kills at its disposal. One for every heir/boss alive, which is 2 atm.
This can be used at ANY point. D2DC might have altered this in some way. But letting the DEA have a kill ability for each boss alive, doesn't seem that far out, so I think we can count on that.

Skjolde, with this unique ruleset, do you believe it's more beneficial to be patient and push for a no lynch day 1 to gather information?

Do you think the DEA agent has NK abilities like a regular mafia team? I would think so since we consider him mafia aligned.
Having read the ruleset myself, I would say that at least on the NK I don't think so, due to the Heir's mechanism (if he hits one cartel leader, the cartel vanishes... kinda OP consequences).

extract from wiki:
Anarchist/DEA said:
You have kill(s) you may use at any time during the game including at the time of your death. The number of kills you have is always equal to the number of Heirs currently alive in the game.

So about lynch now... I'm not set personally, but I would think that the more we are sharing information, the more beneficial it is for him.

I do propose to continue the crusade against D2DC, and don't speak more than 3 messages per day, no lynch for a week or two.

At some point the cop will need to see his family again, and will have to make a move...#ClenchingMyGuns

Hey Leo, do you support hard working Colombians providing a high demand product to the Americas? Is Robert DeNiro a hero or villain in Scarface?

So the ideal situation for any cartel is to:
  • Get rid of the DEA (goes for both cartels)
  • Get rid of the opposing boss, and thereby removing the entire cartel (only really beneficial for one of the cartels)
So in any vote situation this is what a member of a cartel would hope to hit. This would be the jackpot.
So with a lynch a member of a cartel is really trying to ideally hit one of those 2 or atleast one of the three opposing sicarios of the opposing faction. So out of 9 players, a cartel would hope to hit any of the 5 right ones (DEA, opposing boss, opposing sicarios)

Bad odds? Good odds?

Vote: Skjolde
Who are you working for Skjolde?
Maybe the same one as you? Maybe not?
I try to stay on topic as much as possible in mafia games. It's what I enjoy the most about playing them, though I don't mind others going wildly off topic, especially on the first day. But of course, this also brings attention to one self. Oh well.

Maybe the same one as you? Maybe not?
I try to stay on topic as much as possible in mafia games. It's what I enjoy the most about playing them, though I don't mind others going wildly off topic, especially on the first day. But of course, this also brings attention to one self. Oh well.
Confirmed goon!

According to this link the DEA would have to kills at its disposal. One for every heir/boss alive, which is 2 atm.
This can be used at ANY point. D2DC might have altered this in some way. But letting the DEA have a kill ability for each boss alive, doesn't seem that far out, so I think we can count on that.

That's 2 uses in total right? It would make sense since if a boss dies, the whole team is gone too.
Having read the ruleset myself, I would say that at least on the NK I don't think so, due to the Heir's mechanism (if he hits one cartel leader, the cartel vanishes... kinda OP consequences).

extract from wiki:

So about lynch now... I'm not set personally, but I would think that the more we are sharing information, the more beneficial it is for him.

I do propose to continue the crusade against D2DC, and don't speak more than 3 messages per day, no lynch for a week or two.

At some point the cop will need to see his family again, and will have to make a move...#ClenchingMyGuns
When you say him, you mean the DEA agent? So you are advocating generating less information?

Reading the rest of your post, seems you are still roleplaying jester from the last game. If we are on the same cartel team, I'm not sure if that would be helpful.

• Get rid of the opposing boss, and thereby removing the entire cartel (only really beneficial for one of the cartels)
So in any vote situation this is what a member of a cartel would hope to hit. This would be the jackpot.
So with a lynch a member of a cartel is really trying to ideally hit one of those 2 or atleast one of the three opposing sicarios of the opposing faction. So out of 9 players, a cartel would hope to hit any of the 5 right ones (DEA, opposing boss, opposing sicarios)

Bad odds? Good odds?
It does sound like bad odds, as you’re only 60% likely to hit someone not on your team.

That's 2 uses in total right? It would make sense since if a boss dies, the whole team is gone too.
Yeah. According to the wiki these kills can be used at any point and can't be blocked. That might also be the same for the DEA in this game.
What I'm trying to say is just that, the part of two kills, one per boss/heir is the one thing from the wiki that I think is completely true for this game as well. As you say yourself, it makes sense.

I don't think D2DC anywhere said that he would follow the wiki description down to the letter, there might be variations.

It does sound like bad odds, as you’re only 60% likely to hit someone not on your team.
But then again, we always have the odds against odd when playing "normal" mafia, where the town outnumber the scum 2to1, but we still go for every lynch. As been debated every day 1 of every game :D

Bad odds? Good odds?
Unless I've misunderstood, this means that a D1 lynch is, statistically, in everyone's interest (except the resulting lynchee and/or their faction).

[I'm going to be afk for a while. I'm enjoying some perfectly legal substances and my wife will be home soon, so I won't be posting again until tomorrow.]

But on the other hand, we fear the scum in normal games because they can night kill, every night. I haven't seen any indications of this being true for any factions or roles in this setup?

So maybe 60% is actually bad odds.

Taking off very soon as well.

I'll just leave with saying that figuring out if a D1 kill is beneficial for this format, might be our most important thing. As I see it, there is no immediate threat of a NK every night. And if that is the case, does that change the logic behind D1 lynches, since we are maybe not certain that one will day every night. I litteraly have no idea.
Hopefully someone smarter than me can come and do the numbers or logic and give a good answer.

Basically any cartel wants the DEA dead. So 8 out of 9 players wants the last player gone.

Taking off very soon as well.

I'll just leave with saying that figuring out if a D1 kill is beneficial for this format, might be our most important thing. As I see it, there is no immediate threat of a NK every night. And if that is the case, does that change the logic behind D1 lynches, since we are maybe not certain that one will day every night. I litteraly have no idea.
Hopefully someone smarter than me can come and do the numbers or logic and give a good answer.
That's true, a patient DEA agent would wait and gather information, as his best case scenario would be to kill a boss. So we might not see a NK from him for a few nights.

I would support a no lynch Day 1. With more players alive, even if the DEA agent took a risk and tired to snipe a boss Night 1, it would be slightly harder for him to get lucky.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High